There are 3 types of tickets: full, reduced and free.
Most everyone has to pay full price tickets to visit the Accademia Gallery.
PLEASE NOTE: Service fees and extra fees for current temporary exhibitions are always due, regardless of qualifying for a reduced or free ticket.
- All non-EU citizens 18 and over
- All EU citizens over 25 years old (no discounts for over 65)
Check below to see if you qualify for a reduced or free ticket.
- EU citizens between 18 and 25 years old (valid identity document needed at the entrance)
- Teachers from EU public institutes (Vatican city, Montecarlo, Switzerland, Luxemburg, Republic of San Marino and Lichtestein are included) with proof of position.
- Minors under 18 years old, regardless of citizenship (valid identity document needed at the entrance – not including 18 years old) *
- Persons with a certified handicap/disability and an accompanying family member, regardless of citizenship
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) members
- Journalists with valid ID showing professional status
Groups of school-aged children are required to book their visit ahead of time by email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you’re booking tickets online for you and your children, you only need to book “free” tickets for children between the ages of 6 and 17 years old. (you do not have to pay the online booking fees and commissions for children younger than 6 years old).
Sunday at the Museum
As of July 6, 2014, the first Sunday of every month is “Sunday at the Museum”. This means FREE admission for everyone. The date cannot be booked online, in order to give everyone an equal chance to visit the museum for free. See dates for 2015 here.